Friday, December 28, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 52



Week 52: Blessings

Week 52... 52 weeks of photos... we have reached the end of this daunting project!  Which... in itself seems like a blessing!  Looking back, this year has been a year FULL of blessings... each of the 52 photos is a memory of my beautiful family, which is my biggest blessing.  I am so thankful for our little family!  We usually have a house full for Christmas, but this year it was just us.  At first I was a little sad that my mom, my sister and nieces, and my brother and his wife, wouldn't be joining us like they have in the last several years.  But, it was such a nice relaxing holiday!  (and we ALL spend the ENTIRE day in our pajamas!!!)  I love Christmas.  I love taking time with the kids to remember the gift God gave us in Jesus.  How He willingly came to our broken earth, and put on our injured flesh, so that we could have freedom and eternal life- blessings.  And because He has blessed David and I, we can bless our children.  I love seeing the pure joy on their faces when they open the gifts I have thoughtfully purchased for them.  Here is a peek at our Christmas morning. 

What I love the most, is that these are not the big presents that I was so excited for them to open... Aiden is thrilled over colored pencils, Conner's ecstatic to see play-doh, and Hannah squealed for a piggy bank.  :) I love these kids

Stockings were hung by the...stairway... with care :) and as you can see... Santa came :)

Our traditional 'waiting at the top of the stairs photo', and Aiden with the coal he found in his stocking :)


Santa brought everyone exactly what they had asked for for Christmas... except Aiden, who changed his story as he was climbing into Santa's lap.  He then said he wanted a laptop... to which Santa replied, "I don't even have a laptop!!!" well played, Santa :)

Hannah asked for the McKenna American girl doll and movie :)


And here is Conner, our little rocker, who asked for Guitar Hero World Tour. 


I hope that you all had a blessed Christmas as well.  Thank you for sticking with me on this year long project!!!  Please take one last loop through my friends' posts, start here with Laura :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment