Friday, September 21, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 38



Week 38: Plaid

I knew right away what I wanted to use for this week's image.  Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to get to my mom's to get it.  In my March post for the theme Irish I mentioned how my family's Irish heritage has always been very important to us, and how my Dad frequently wore a plaid cap.  I was hoping to get a chance to get either one of his caps or at least a picture of him in one, but as luck would have it- I'm going to my mom's tonight... hours after this post will have been shared.  So, as a plan B I gathered up all of our plaid clothing, shoes, bags... I kind of have a plaid obsession... so there's a LOT.  Then went to grab my camera... dead... D.E.A.D So... on to plan C!  Here is one of my favorite photos of my Dad.  He adored his grandkids and the feeling was mutual :)


 This is just a terrible scan- it's still in the mat, since it was taped, I didn't dare try to remove it!  And, hey- he's wearing a plaid shirt- so that counts, right?  I bet I inherited my plaid obsession from him :)

Head on over to Laura's blog to see her plaid post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment