Friday, June 15, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 24



Week 24: Dad

I really struggled this week trying to decide what I was going to photograph.  Should I talk about my Dad? My husband? What memory? Scan old pictures? Take new ones???  I really wanted to share something about my Dad, but didn't know where to start.  Then while searching for a box of old pictures I found my Dad's quarters.  My Dad never spent a bicentennial quarter.  I remember growing up there were always stacks of them on his desk.  He would fill the boxes that his checks came in with bicentennials.  As a kid I remember I snuck into my Mom and Dad's room and took several of them to buy something, and he told me how he didn't spend those- they were special. And to this day, they're still special :) I check every quarter and keep the bicentennials.   I suppose it was their historical value to him, I remember so often visiting history museums and historical places, and the stories he would tell me.  I knew when he passed away that more than anything of his, I wanted the quarters.  Just knowing how much they meant to him... they are worth far more than twenty-five cents to me.




Here is me and my Dad on my wedding day.  There is so much of my life that I wish he had been here for. I wish I could have shown him my photography.  I wish he could see the life that David and I have made. I wish that my boys could have known him.  But, I am so thankful that he was there on my wedding day.  That he was there to walk me down the aisle, and whisper, "It's not too late" in my ear :)


And I know that because I had such an amazing Dad, I can so appreciate the amazing Dad that my kids have.  I am so blessed to have had David be a part of my life for the past 14 years.  Thank you, David for loving me and the kids so much.

I hope that you will all hug a dad in your life this weekend.  Please take a minute and stop by Laura's blog to see what her Dad post is all about.




I miss you, Dad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment