Friday, February 24, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 8



Week 8: Alone

This week's theme of Alone had me a little stumped.  I had a couple of ideas that I just couldn't make work.  I have to admit that the concept of taking a word and making photograph has been much harder than I anticipated!  For this week I began to think of how I am NEVER alone, I'm always with at least one of the kids, or at the church, or on the rare occasion- out with my husband.  And, I really almost prefer it that way- I do enjoy a little bit of alone time, but for the most part... I really like being with other people. 

For the last 5 years I've had Conner by my side.  Except for about 6 months I worked a day time job last year, I've pretty much been home with him since the day he was born.  But... I know that come August all of that will change.  He will start Kindergarten... and I will cry.  Yes, I am that mom that cries on the first day of school.  But, I think this time it will be a little bit harder, because I will come home... alone.  I know, I know... August is months away, but my mind still wanders to what my "new life" without any kids at home during the day will be like.  It makes me a little apprehensive... and sad.  So, for now, I try and take time during the day and enjoy having my little man home with me. 



Don't forget to stop by Jon Yoder's blog to see how he interpreted this week's theme!

0 comments:

Post a Comment