Friday, June 1, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 22



Week 22: Simple

I know this makes 3 weeks in a row with the vacation pictures, but they just fit our themes soooooo well!!!  The theme this week is Simple.  Life around here never seems to be simple, that's a big reason we chose to vacation where we did- a quaint town on the Outer Banks- simple.  Life seems to be just go go go... all the time.  I wanted to get away and just spend time with my family, just relax and come back refreshed- and we did. 

The house that we stayed in had so many little details, a lot of little hand made touches.  This was one of my favorites, I looked at it often and it reminded me why I was there :)


I've chosen several more pictures from our amazing vacation to share below, but I hope you will take a few minutes and see how everyone else photographed the word Simple.  Here is my friend Kim, with Zoe Portrait Art.  Happy Friday everyone!


Here is the adorable house we stayed in, and the view from the upper deck.  We loved the screened in porch, and kept the front door open almost the whole time :)

These were painted on either side of the door, one pointing toward the ocean, the other pointing toward the road.  It is exactly how I felt when it was time to leave!

Some of the details from outside the house, every step had dolphin cutouts.

Details inside the house, very cute nautical touches everywhere.



Proof that we made it to the top of Cape Hatteras Lighthouse- The tallest in North America!

I was out before dawn everyday, I think this was my favorite sunrise of the week.  I loved the pink beams from behind the clouds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment