Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Little Something Personal



Today's post really starts over a year ago. 439 days to be exact. Last year our church did a study of Mark Batterson's Draw The Circle, a 40 day devotional book about specifically praying and believing God for big things. Mark said, "the shortest pencil is longer than the longest memory", and challenged us to start a prayer journal- a way to track our walk with God. This stood out to me, because... well... I forget everything unless I write it down.  So, I began my prayer journal. On Day 5 of the book he tells a story about a young woman with dreams of becoming a journalist. Her words seemed to leap off the page and stick right in my heart. 

"Dare I ask for my dreams? Dare I see the imagination of the soul? Dare I risk? What if I ask and receive? So then, I risk.  I ask of my King, "May I impact others with news and knowledge?""

Her words are so beautiful... I read them again and again... "Dare I ask for my dreams?", "What if I ask and receive?" I wrote those words in my own journal on February 1, 2013, and I asked of my King... I poured my heart out to God with the dreams He already knew, for He was the one who put them there.  I told God how I longed to photograph children, to capture those fleeting moments for moms like me- who wish for their children to stay little just a little longer.  I asked for a space with  beautiful light to work in... At the time these requests seemed so beyond what I could imagine... 


But, God is good... and He is faithful... Today I can share with you how I asked and received.  I have been asked to join Zoë Photographic Group as a portrait artist specializing in children and family as well as maternity and newborn photography.  As I look back over the pages of my journal, I feel so certain of God's fingerprints on each page... on each step I've taken over the last 439 days. 

 I have had the opportunity to work with my dear friend Kim, of Zoë Weddings on many wedding days, as well as joining with Kristen and Cheryl on several community events in the last two years.  And I am so looking forward to working with these lovely ladies day in and day out!  So, now I need each of YOU to come follow me at my new blog and my new Facebook page! 

I want to thank each and every one of you for letting me photograph your loved ones.  I am so blessed to have the best clients and I am so looking forward to showing you all off to my new friends at Zoë!  Please head over to their blog here and check out the special deals I am offering!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment