Friday, August 24, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 34



Week 34: Texture

Today is my daughter, Hannah's, 11th birthday.  Here she is with her baby blanket, Ginky, that my sister-in-law made for her before she was born.  She used baby flannel, so soft... Hannah wouldn't (well... she still won't) sleep without it.  I remember when she was a year old, she left it at my mom's house after a weekend visit, and my mom drove 2 hours to leave it on our front seat while we were in church (because she knew Hannah was going to throw a fit without it).  She used to rub a particular corner of the blanket on her face while she fell asleep- and it wore a hole through it... hence the big patch job... but, now... poor Ginky is beyond repair.  Not that that stops Hannah from sleeping with it each night.  What was once a soft cozy quilt is now literally loved to pieces. 



Happy Birthday, to my baby girl :)

Have a great weekend everyone, and be sure to stop by Laura's blog to see her texture picture.

0 comments:

Post a Comment