Thursday, January 5, 2012

52 on Friday: Week 1



I am SO excited to be starting a 52 week project today!!!  I am joining with 12 other photographers in a year long photography challenge.  Each week has a theme and we will each share a photograph of our interpretation of that theme on our blog.  You as a follower of my blog will be able to click the link at the bottom of my post to the next blog and eventually make a full circle right back here :)



This week's theme is Self Portrait.  This was extremely difficult for me!  I truly dislike being in front of the camera... I'm much more at home on the other side of the lens!  But, this is a great way for you to meet each of us.  So, here are a few fun, random facts about me- and you'll read some more randomness from each of us as you make the circle! 

1. What is the first thing you see in the mornings?
My pillow- (I sleep on my stomach) followed by my phone- (Which doubles as my alarm clock).

2. Three words that describe your personality-
Bubbly, Sentimental, Opinionated... but my husband said Whiny, Childish, and Argumentative. 


3.  One thing you wish you could do, but can't-
Travel.  I would so love to travel and see the world, but 3 kids definitely make that difficult!

4. First song that pops into your head.........NOW!!!
Smooth Criminal, Michael Jackson... the kids are playing Michael Jackson: The Experience for the Wii across the hall  :)


5. What got you started in photography?
My sister always was the one we called the Photographer- she had a good camera and was very artistic and creative.  I loved to see the pictures she took, and wanted to learn more about light and my own camera- mainly just to photograph my own 3 kids.  But, the more I read and learned the more I fell in love with light and capturing moments.


6. What do you love most about photography?
I am probably the most sentimental fool you'll ever meet.  I am the kind of person that given the choice to relive my life from the beginning until now or live from now until the
end, I would choose to relive all of my memories.  Pictures are the way we can relive our
memories, looking at a photograph you can recall that exact moment- the conversations,
your surroundings, the emotions- it can bring you back to that place.  I love being able to
capture those moments for others- for them to treasure the way I treasure my photographs.


7. What do you hope to learn/accomplish from this project?I am hoping to challenge myself to be more creative- definitely my weakness- and to just
get the camera out for myself more than I have been.

So, now that you all know a little bit about me here is my Self Portrait.


Like I said earlier, be sure to follow through the circle and see everyone's Self Portrait.  You can start here is a great friend of mine, Sheri Hopfensperger of Sheri Lynn Photography!


I can never get a moment alone in this house... no sooner did I set the timer and Conner came bounding in.


And when word got out that Conner was in the picture... here came everyone else too. :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Awww love the last one!

connersmommy86 said...

Enjoyed reading this! My sons name is Conner, too! :)

Post a Comment